Discrimination and Harassment

Do you feel you have been discriminated against in our community because of your sexual orientation (perceived or otherwise), gender identity, or gender expression?

The steps you must take to file a complaint of discrimination in our community depends on the situation. The main question is where the incident occurred. Our community has three Human Relations Commissions. Each one addresses complaints of discrimination occurring in their jurisdiction. In addition, Purdue University handles its own discrimination cases. All three Human Rights Ordinances, plus Purdue’s non-discrimination policy, cover sexual orientation. However, gender identity and gender expression are are only explicitly protected classes by the City of West Lafayette and Purdue University.

Please review the information below, which will help you determine which commission to which you should submit your complaint and the steps you should follow.

City of Lafayette Human Relations Commission

City of West Lafayette Human Relations Commission

Tippecanoe County Human Relations Commission

Purdue University: VP for Ethics and Compliance

For further assistance please contact us via our Contact Form and we will do our best to put you in contact with the most appropriate organization.